Life Changing decision - cumulative life changing decision taken every week.
Week 1 – Get up at 6 O Clock everyday
Learning and Insights
- Having alarm clock to get up is must (alarm clock is voted as worlds 1st most preferred object to keep at home) and throughout, that is even if you get habit of getting up all by yourself don’t stop using alarm clock consider it as extension of you and use it through out.
- Once a habit is formed to get up at 6, you might experience that you are waking up 1 minute or 1 sec before the alarm clock; this is one of the mysterious way of how perfect our mind works.
- If you miss getting from bed, don’t curse yourself and don’t believe that the day will be terrible. Instead make a jump-start
- You need to present yourself interesting and important thing to do, because when you wake up brain & body will ask question in there style “why to get up?” You subconscious mind should have answer to that question. You should have something to look forward to get up. Even if you don’t have anything you can come up with something like watching movie early in morning.
- Getting up at 6 O clock is 100% dependent on what the time you sleep, Hit bed everyday at 12 and take 6 hour sleep.
- Before getting up from bed, take as much अंगडाई, (Lazy stretch on bed itself) as you want this will wake up your body and mind.
- If you find yourself dozing after waking up at 6, the recite ॐ in a longer breath and be vocal about it this will send energy vibration in your body by which you will become alert and awake. Other option is to growl loudly with your lips close. If you form habit of growling, then it becomes so subconscious that as soon as you get doze-attach after getting up at 6, your body reflex will kick in making you growl and you will wake up automatically.
Missed – 1 Jan – Preparing for Goal Setting workshop till 2 PM
While working on training for goal setting, I found an astonishing observation on this topic in the eyes of people, almost everyone has their own take and perception on goal setting, many take goals or goal setting similar to the word ‘life’ where each has its own interpretation and consider it’s something to ponder on.
After hearing words ‘Goal Setting’ if you have a natural desire to raise question as to ‘what is that?’ then you are among few who are not aware of the productivity system called as ‘Goal Setting ‘which can help you achieve your goals. Short answer which clicks with many people is that it’s a personal goal setting system to achieve your aspiration for career, education, health etc.
For those who have given it a try, word ‘Goal Setting’ might hit them like a jargon, They see it no more than a to-do list which doesn’t do anything, except for the fact that for few days you will be all jazzed about it but later on the enthusiasm will die and eventually you will say it doesn’t work and that it has been making you feel miserable and feel guilty. You label it something which tried tested and doesn’t work.
If you are of MBA types or person who is hooked on to self help books, then in most probability acronym SMART would ring a bell in your ears, and probably you will have a smile on your face as if you are attending quiz contest and question what What is SMART? is Has been asked to you in split second you would press the buzzer since as you know the answer Specific, Measurable, Achievable and Realistic. You have a feel good factor about it.
Higher on the ladder you will have a sly smile if you have had realization anytime earlier in your past when you were able to get what is the stark difference between plain goal and SMART goals and find out for yourself how plain goals don’tdoesn’t work and on the contrary how amazingly the SMART goals works. You would have come to realization that plain goals are more like a weak wish a statement of needs or want. Where as SMART goal is more mature approach which not only brings with it a whole web of cogs of activities & actions to be done but also bring clarity and framework. SMART goal is an analytical way that helps us to lead better improved life.change to next gear.
If you are a philosophical type or person which takes time to mull over on the concept on acronym SMART you might be skeptical about it and you might find yourself getting agitated with something like if ‘A stands forfor Achievable’ How do you explain this case, you might be saying it’s doesn’t sound right. If Einstein would have thought of working on a goal say ‘Creating Nuclear fuel’ then it would have failed in SMART acronym test since it is was never done before hence it is not achievable or attainable. Which means brings us to conclusion, since what is achievable differs from people person to peopleperson; with SMART goal setting would need you to have unfaltering attitude and even ready to be called as misfit. Bottom line is that this acronym helps you move ahead on your goals.
Have you ever wondered? Why Goals Setting works in offices, in organizations, in corporate ever year? And why it doesn’t work in personal life?
What is the answer to the ultimate question – How will Goal Setting Work for me?
– Goal setting will work when it is believed and put into practice, not just one time but week after week and month after month. It needs to be built in to your daily routine such that it is subtle and that you are carrying micro actions every day to reach the larger goals. Besides will and will power it will also need to have structures and active reminders in place. Changing habits and doing regular weekly reviews.
For those of us who know Goal Setting we have read and have been molded with the classic foundation of Goal Setting been put forth by Brian Tracy in 1980, which was purely based on self-discipline, leading by others examples and inspiration we never graduated beyond it, with today’s time when we are bombarded with Information explosion, immersive entertainment and social network addiction staying on top of everything becomes difficult, many times we automatically get switched to survival mode let alone reaching for goals. It’s time we think of sustainable systems, structures, various conscious and subconscious techniques which will help and support us to reach out goals. New leaders on Goal setting which have come up on stage are Mark Murphy in 2010, Gray Ryan Blair in 2000 also know as goals guy, Michel S. Dobson in 2008, Henriette Anne Klauser 2001 bringing assorted books and new tool and methodology which builds above the classical foundation of Goal Setting to help us reach our goals.
Handson Training on:
“Failing to plan is planning to fail.” – Author unknown
About the course
Study by Yale University has showed that only 3% of people set specific and measurable goals for what they want to achieve in life. Twenty years later they found that those 3% amassed a combined income that was three times bigger than all the 97% that didn’t set goals. Come be the part of those 3% success achievers, In this workshop we will carry out systematic step-by-step approach on your goal setting at individual level for both personal and professional life.
Most of the times the ideas and plans that come to your mind don’t work because they are without arms and legs, however we can convert them into success if we create a reliable structure of follow through and stick to it. Our idols like Amitabh Bachchan, Azim Premji, Narayana Murthy has more then half of there diary booked for the year, they use productive tools and techniques to reach to the success. This workshop is designed to teach you on using those tools and techniques and apply it in your life.
Breaking the myths and setting the backdrop right
Goal setting is not same as New Year resolutions; It is also not a one time activity but a continuous life long process with a fail safe structure. Goal setting for individual and for corporate do not contravene each other, In fact with shared vision, bi-directional communication and mutual respect a tighter coupling could be maintain.
- Setting goals and visualizing vividly
- Making plans and expanding projects
- Getting to work, through unstoppable execution
- Sticking to the mantra of discipline and reviews
- Reaching to the goals and accomplishments
The workshop will equip participants with knowledge and practice of carrying out effective goal setting and weekly reviews. Professional growth for self, business and clients, increased consistency, clarity, crispness and accountability, higher level of effectiveness.
When: 1st Jan, 2013, 2 PM to 6 PM
101 Marathon Maxima
Next to Nirmal Lifestyle
LBS Road, Mulund West
Mumbai, MH 400080
Price: Rs. 1,000/- Only
Registration: Click here for to register through SkillKindle
Who should attend?
All levels of executives, officers and managers from different functions. This unique course will enhance both professional and personal excellence
Interactive experiential session and management games, Individual attention and lots of hands on work, Post training support to resolve queries and issues, Practical insights and tools, Fun all the way who should participate